Friday Fill-in on Sunday
1. I am currently obsessed with antibiotics. I have to take them because of my ongoing dental work, but they wreak havoc on my gut. Hopefully my doctor can solve this for me. In the meantime, I am checking and rechecking Google. (Because that's useful, right?)
2. Today I am happy because my cats are healthy. I may have doctor and dentist appointments on the calendar, but nothing with the vet. Yay!
|Roy Hobbs & Connie are healthy, happy buds|
3. The age I am is 64 and the age I feel is 64.These dental and gastrointestinal worries are weighing on me.
4. My favorite place is The Friendly Confines. Our national historic landmark. To borrow from Eddie Vedder's Cub anthem, I'm blessed and healed when I walk into Wrigley Field. I'm making my annual trip to the ballpark next month.
5. Something I have been procrastinating on is inputting my financial transactions into Quicken. BORING! Of course, the longer I put it off, the more I have to do, and the longer it will take.
6. The last thing I purchased was lunch yesterday. I had chicken.
7. The thing I love most about my home is the location. I love my neighborhood.
8. My most prized possession is a ceramic cable car that belonged to my favorite grandpa. It's where he stored his cufflinks and tie clasps.
9. If I could be one age for the rest of my life, I would want to be 35. I was in love, my career was taking off, and I felt sexy and smart and together.
10. My outlook on life is engaged. My best friend used to say that he doesn't care about anything as much as I care about everything.
11. If you want to annoy me, talk trash about my favorite-most ballplayer, Anthony Rizzo. He is all things bright and beautiful.
|Please, baseball gods, let him get a hit today!|
12. I am completely defenseless when it comes to ... Hm ... am I ever completely defenseless?
13. The bravest thing I’ve ever done was interrupting a rape-in-progress, back in 2002. (20 years ago last June.) By my very presence, I caused the perpetrator to run away. I called 911, stayed with the victim until the police came, and then rode in the back of the squad car and pointed out the bad guy. He was a mile away, throwing his shirt into a dumpster in hopes of changing his appearance enough that I couldn't identify him. I never had to testify against him, though. The victim was so uncooperative with law enforcement that they couldn't make a case. Even though he hit her so hard he dislocated her jaw! Apparently I happened upon a drug deal gone wrong and he was taking his payment "in trade." The police told me the young woman was so afraid of the gang her rapist belonged to that they couldn't convince her to assist them.
14. Something that keeps me awake at night is worry. I worry about all kinds of things. My gut. My oldest friend's health. My friend Henry. How sadly vulnerable a portion of our electorate is to paranoid "stop-the-steal" and WWG1WGA conspiracy theories, and the consequences for our democracy.
15. My favorite meal in the entire world is a ribeye and a baked potato. Can I get dessert, too? I'd like strawberry rhubarb pie, please. I'll wash it all down with Coke.