Sunday Stealing: The Ginormous Questions
1. Are you single? Yes.
2. Are your parents still married? Well, they were still married when my dad died ...
3. Are you in love? Yes. With Sir Paul. It's his 75th birthday today.
4. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time.
5. Who ended your last relationship? Not a who, really. More of a what. His career. He lost his job and had to relocate to a new city. (Though I'm sure if he hadn't moved, something else would have broken us up.)
6. Have you ever been hurt by a break up? Yes.
7. Have you ever broken someone’s heart? Regretfully, yes.
8. Have you ever had a secret admirer? Yes.
9. Prefer love or lust? I'd like a serving of each, please.
10. Prefer a few best friends or many regular friends? A few best friends.
11. Wild night out or romantic night in? Romantic night in.
12. Back in the day: Been caught sneaking out? When I was a kid, yes. And once as an adult. It was creepy. After a very bad first date, I ditched the gentleman in my apartment building's vestibule. I got in to my place and saw the Blockbuster case on top of my TV, checked my watch, and realized that if I returned the DVD within the half hour I wouldn't get a late fee. So I grabbed it and raced the two blocks to Blockbuster. When I got home, there was a message on my machine from my very angry date who was accusing me of literally running out to a second date and calling me all kinds of unpleasant names. He told me he never wanted to see me again -- which, of course, was fine by me.
13. Ever wanted something/someone so badly it hurt? Yes.
14. Who are/is your best friend(s)? Their place in the rotation changes. Right now, my John's #1.
15. Ever wanted to disappear? Yes.
16. First attraction: Smile or eyes? Eyes.
17. Prefer intelligence or attraction? Wouldn't life be perfect if one just naturally followed the other?
18. Last phone call you received? Someone in area code 815. I didn't pick up.
19. Last thing you drank? OJ
20. Before your current one, when was your last relationship? It was during The Civil War.
21. Do you and your family get along? Not especially.
22. Would you say you have a "screwed up life?" Kinda
23. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell. I was invited to leave the Nixon Presidential Library. The docent didn't appreciate my helpful attempts to correct her "alternate facts."
24. Do you trust all your friends? As much as I trust anyone.
25. Who knows the most about you? My oldest friend.