Saturday 9: Rubber Ducky (1970)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is sung by Muppet Ernie. Who's your favorite Muppet?
2) Ernie became famous on PBS's Sesame Street. What public television shows do you watch? Downton Abbey and a local news show called Chicago Tonight. I enjoyed the series on The Roosevelts, too.
3) When you were a little kid, what was your favorite TV show? Clutch Cargo, Mr. Peabody, Rocky and Bullwinkle
4) On Sesame Street, Ernie frequently teases his best friend Bert by stealing his nose. Do you enjoy practical jokes? No
5) Sesame Street
creators developed carefree Ernie and serious Bert to show children
that different types of people can be good friends. Think about your
closest friend. Tell us how you two differ. The friend I most recently spent time with is John, so I'll compare/contrast us. He's tall, I'm short. Male/female. Black/white. He's a partier and I'm more stay-at-home.
6) Bert and Ernie share a basement apartment on Sesame Street. Tell us about the basement of the building you're in right now. We don't have a basement here. I wish we did. Tornados are a reality here in the Midwest.
Ernie and Bert were created by Jim Henson. In addition to being an
accomplished puppeteer, Mr. Henson was also a talented cartoonist. Can
you draw? Nope
Jim Henson made his first puppets himself using felt, foam rubber,
string and rods -- all items that can be purchased at an arts and crafts
store. When is the last time you shopped in an arts and crafts store? I can't recall. I'm not very crafty, I'm afraid.
9) When is the last time you took a bath (as opposed to a shower)? Earlier this week when I shaved my legs. I can't do it in the shower.