1. 3 things I love. I love how I woke up this morning. 1) No alarm clock! 2) Clean sheets. 3) My cat Reynaldo curled up beside me.
2. Last song I listened to. "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" by Dionne Warwick. I remember it was on the radio yesterday when I was putting on my makeup.
3. Turn offs. Excessive heat and humidity.
4. What color underwear are you wearing right now? White.
5. How many tattoos do you have? None
6. How many piercings do you have? One in each ear. One tiny pearl stud in each ear, too. (Though not really pearl. I believe these were $2 at Claire's Boutique.)
7. Meaning behind my URL It was available.
8. What I find attractive in other people. I like people who take others as they come, accept our differences and celebrate what makes us each special. It's Sunday, so I'm thinking in terms of faith. With the explosion of social media, I've encountered so many Christians who seem so un-Christian! It makes me sad. I'd like my faith back, please.
9. Something that’s currently worrying me. My friend John's health. I fear that his stupid decisions about Medicare and Obamacare (i.e. not bothering to sign up for either of them!) may have done irreparable damage.
10. Something that’s constantly on my mind. My cat Reynaldo. He's 17 (84 in human years). He has arthritis, cataracts, chronic kidney disease, an overactive thyroid and now a heart murmur. The way the vet explained it to me, he's not so much sick as entering the last stages of his life. I love Rey very much and hope I am doing right by him. He is still happy and affectionate these days. I want his every last day to find him happy and affectionate.
11. My favorite store. I know I'm late to the party, but I just recently discovered Dollar Tree. It's a fascinating experience, different items every time! Also, I've been to two locations here in my neighborhood and the people who work there are so pleasant. Which surprises me because the store has such a no-frills atmosphere you'd think they'd be depressed. But they're friendly and upbeat.
12. What I did yesterday. Watched a classic film (Stagecoach from 1939) and a best forgotten ball game (my Cubs lost their 8th in row!)
13. My favorite blog I feel like I really know Kwizgiver through her blog.
14. Someone I miss I miss my favorite uncle every day, and more than I thought I would. I was closer to my late mother, but our relationship was complicated, as parent-child relationships always are. My relationship with my uncle was simpler and less fraught. Funny, because he was a very complicated man. Fiercely independent and prickly. I bet my sisters don't miss him at all. I know he and his own daughter had their ups and downs (which I recognize were mostly his fault). But he and I clicked somehow. I think maybe because I was born when he was still in his teens, and my mom asked him to be my godfather. Anyway, I believe that he's my guardian angel.
15. Reason why I follow Sunday Stealing My slavish devotion to Bud