1. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? It changes. Currently it's The Pittsfield Cafe. It's just so unique. It's in the lobby of the Pittsfield Building, one of Chicago's first skyscrapers (1927). You have to walk through the lobby to get to the restaurant, and it's great to look at the gorgeous old ceiling and floors and chandeliers. The restaurant is one of those coffee shops that serves breakfast all day and has laminated menus. I'm partial to the grilled cheese sandwiches, and to the fact that none of my coworkers ever comes here, so it's the perfect place to escape with a book.
2. What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? Burgers. I could add cheese or onions or swap out ketchup for barbecue sauce to mix it up a bit.
3. Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Yes. Little moles and major internal organs. I'd like to maintain the collection of parts I have now.
4. What is the last heavy item you lifted? These weary old bones.
5. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? No.
6. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? No.
7. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I've always felt I'd make a good "Julie."
8. What’s your goal for the year? To improve my finances. They are a mess and a major concern.
9. Last person you hugged? A coworker. I thanked her for her support and she responded with a hug.
10. First place you went this morning? It's no longer morning, and I haven't left the house yet.
11. Do you always answer your phone? No
12. It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? My friend, Henry. Once he starts sipping wine, he loses track of time and becomes sentimental.
13. If you could change your eye color what would it be? No, thank you. My green eyes are very pretty and I don't want to change them.
14. What’s on your wish list for your birthday? Laughter. My oldest friend and I will be in Vegas for my birthday, and I'm counting on a silly, memorable time.
15. Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Nervous
16. Do you have any saved texts? Well,yes. But only because I forget to delete things.
17. Ever been in a car wreck? No.
18. Do you have an accent? I don't think so, but I'm told I have flat, nasal vowels. I once had an admin who could imitate me saying, "No prah-blum."
19. What was the last song to make you cry? Nothing springs to mind.
20. What did you do last night? Watched John Lackey do not-so-well against the Dodgers.
21. Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? Oh, yes.
22. Current hate right now? "Hate" is strong. But I'm not crazy about how things are going at the office right now.
23. Met someone who changed your life? Oh, yes.
24. How did you bring in the New Year? Reliving the glory days with my friends, The Crawleys.
25. What song represents you? Bruce Springsteen: No Surrender. "I'm ready to grow young again."