Saturday 9: Christmas Carols
2) Are you sending cards (either by postal service or email) this year? If so, have they gone out yet? Yes. I always try to get them mailed on December 1. I like the thought of brightening people's mailboxes.
4) Do you wrap gifts in paper or take the gift bag route? Paper
5) The holidays are an important fundraising time for charities. Here's an opportunity to do a shameless plug for your favorite. What organization or cause do you wish got more support at the holidays, and all year around? I'm a big fan of Feeding America, and other food pantries. It's so sad to think of families going without, especially on Christmas.
6) Andy Williams was famous for his family holiday specials. What TV family would most like to spend Christmas with? Kate and Allie. I like how "family" was expanded to include best friends. This holiday season, my friends are morphing into my family and I appreciate them all enormously.
7) The holidays are a big time for travel. Where did you go on your first airplane flight? From O'Hare to Ft. Lauderdale. I was 16, accompanying my cousin to visit her dad/my uncle for a couple weeks.
8) Does the weather have an impact on your mood? I wish it would snow. That would help me feel a bit more "Christmasy."
9) Snack time! You're about to make yourself your favorite sandwich. What ingredients do you need? Hmmm .... Ham and cheese on wheat. Light mayo. Maybe a little relish. Or lettuce. I'm not picky.