2) Def Leppard got their start in South Yorkshire, England. Have you ever been to the UK? Nope
3) Who would you rather chat with, one-on-one: Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince William or Prince Harry? Prince Charles. Yeah, I know. He seems like such a dweeb. But he's seen so much life. He's met all kinds of people I'm curious to hear about, from Winston Churchill to Jackie Onassis. He was there the day the Beatles got their MBEs. And of course, Diana. I'd love to hear what she was really like. Like Jackie, she continues to fascinate me long after she's gone.
5) Valentine's Day is big for candy sales. Did you indulge in any Valentine-themed, sugary treats this week? One of my coworkers gave me milk chocolate heart.
6) Do you regularly balance your checkbook? Well, Quicken does. That count?
7) What was your last impulse purchase? I got the entire series of Peyton Place on DVD. Every soapy episode! I can't tell you how much I'm loving it! My parents watched it when I was a little girl, and I wasn't allowed to because of the "adult content."* That made me obsessed with it and I always tried to sneak into the room when it was on or watch it at friends' homes. It's amusing to me how much I remember. And I still think Dr. Rossi has kind eyes. When I was a kid, I thought he'd be gentle when he gave me a shot.
8) When Sam was a girl, she had nightmares about snakes under her bed. When did you last have a bad dream? The most recent one that I can recall was after I had surgery in 2011. The pain meds inspired the most awful dreams -- and there was one especially upsetting one that had me struggling to save a black and white dog from the Chicago River, only to have him leap out of my arms, race away and get squished in traffic. The doctor told me the dreams were my body's way of protecting me, that the last dose of pain medication was wearing off and I was waking myself up to take another pill. That makes sense, but I was very glad when I no longer needed the medication!
*How quaint it seems by today's standards!