|The GWTW girls; I try to be more Melly.|
Sunday, September 17, 2023
1. What is your favorite book? Saving Graces: Finding Solace and Strength from Friends and Family. I should reread this. It's Elizabeth Edwards' achingly honest look at the loss of her boy, Wade, and how sharing her grief and asking for help actually helped strengthen her personal relationships. Sometimes I try too hard to be strong. It's not necessary. No one expects it from me; I expect it from myself. I should follow this gallant lady's example more often.
2. Are you afraid of the dark? Nope
4. Is cheating ever OK? It depends on how you define "cheating." Yesterday I took the train. The station was closed so I couldn't buy a ticket. No conductor came through my car so I couldn't purchase one on the train. Now, when I got off I suppose I could have sought out one of the conductors and given him my fare, but I didn't. I don't feel bad about this. It felt like I won something.
5. Can you keep white shoes white? I don't have any white shoes. But if I did, they'd be dirty.
6. Are you currently bored? Not at all.
7. Would you change your name? I would if I'd gotten married. My surname is confusing to pronounce and it would be a relief to unload it.
8. Do you like the subway? We don't have much subway here. This is "el" country. But on those rare occasions that the train travels underground, it doesn't bother me.
9. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with? My nephew. We discussed everything from Ernie Banks' swing to the future of the Democratic Party.
10. Dumbest lie you’ve ever told? It was in high school. I don't remember the details, I just remember how awful I felt when I thought I was about to be found out. I got away with it, whatever it was, but the fear of exposure hung over me like an oppressive fog, and that was quite a deterrent.
11. Do you sleep with your door open or closed? Open.
12. Favorite month? November
13. Dark, milk, or white chocolate? I love them all! I had white chocolate most recently.
14. Tea or coffee? Tea. I hate, loathe, despise, and abominate coffee.
15. Night or day? Day, I suppose, but you can't have one without the other, can you?