Saturday 9: Cry (1952)
2) He also mentions waking from a dream, believing it was real. Has that ever happened to you? No.
3) Because this record was such a massive hit, Johnnie Ray was nicknamed "The Prince of Wails." Without looking it up, do you know who is currently the Prince of Wales? First of all, Prince Charles is Prince of Wales. Second of all, GAWD! This record is awful. I can't get over that it was a hit. But it was #1 for weeks!
4) To cash in on the success of this single, 20th Century Fox cast Johnnie Ray in a big-budget musical, There's No Business Like Show Business. Today it's best remembered as a Marilyn Monroe movie. Have you seen many of Marilyn's films? I think I've seen them all. (Tip: Avoid River of No Return.)
|See her final, unreleased performance |
5) After graduating from high school, Johnnie worked at low-paying jobs, including bus boy and soda jerk. He found he made better tips when he began playing piano in restaurants. Have you ever worked for tips? Back in my long-ago high school days, I got tips on top of what I charged when I was a babysitter.
9) Random question -- Congratulations! You won a free three night/two day weekend for two in Las Vegas! The weather is predicted to be sunny and 65º each day you're there. It's 12:00 noon on your first day. Are we most likely to find you: a) gambling in the casino or b) having breakfast in bed or c) outside, enjoying the sun and the sights? Outside! Definitely outside. First of all, Las Vegas is best place ever for people watching. Secondly, it's been so cold here and I'm so sick of being cooped up!