1. Ignoring nutrition, could you live off veggies for the rest of your life? Not happily.
2. Elaborate on a way you have volunteered? I'm so glad this question came up. Darius, the prison penpal I was paired with through my church's outreach program, has quit writing to me. Part of it, I think, is depression over covid restrictions. More of it, though, I'm afraid, is his disappointment with me. I signed up to write him monthly, letting him know that someone out here cares for and prays for him. I do this with a willing heart. But I am not going to visit him, I am not going to be his "girlfriend" and I'm not going to give him money for the appeal of his murder conviction. I keep meaning to email the congregation's facilitator for a new penpal. I learned a lot during the six months that Darius and I corresponded regularly. I like to think I helped him. I believe in the program.
My other pet project is the local food pantry. Every time I go to the drug or grocery store, I pick up something for $1.50 or less. It makes little or no impact to my budget, and I find I have a bag filled with canned goods for the pantry in no time at all. They ask for pinto beans, condiments like mustard and catsup, and pastas that kids love (like Spaghettios). It's such an easy way to make a difference to someone's life.
3. Can you walk in heels, or do you feel awkward in them? I haven't tried this in decades.
4. Any TV shows you sit down weekly to watch? I love This Is Us, but it's in reruns now.
5. Will you tell someone if there’s something in their teeth? Yes.
6. Do you ever actually make your bed? No.
8. What kind of booze did you last take shots of? I don't recall.
9. What’s something you want to purchase next time you’re at the mall? Wow! The Mall! I hardly ever even think of going there anymore. The only store I'd stop at there is Kohl's, so my answer must be clothes, sheets or towels.
10. What were you doing at 10:00 this morning? It hasn't arrived yet.
11. What do you miss the most about your past? My waist.
12. Last time you were really happy? Saturday afternoon I had lunch with my nephew. We make one another laugh ... very hard.
13. Did you get a full 8 hours of sleep last night? Yes, but not consecutively.
14. Have you spoken to your mother or father today? They're both dead.
15. Are you good at filling awkward silences? NO! I babble.