1) In this song, Tom sings that "it's not unusual to go out at any time." Will you be "out and about" this weekend? Yes, but it won't be as glam as all that. I'll be getting my hair done, running errands, maybe go to church ...
4) At the height of his popularity, female fans would throw their panties onstage at Tom Jones. Sam can't imagine doing this, and not just because she's not that crazy about Tom Jones. She'd be embarrassed because her underwear drawer could use a serious refresh. If you could choose one new article of clothing to add to your wardrobe today, what would it be? Belts. I need a brown one, a black one (silver buckle) and a navy one. When I'm shopping, I either can't find any I like, or I don't remember I need them until I get home.
5) "Tom Jones" is also the name of character in a famous 18th century novel. Tell us about a character from a book you wish you were friends with in real life. Jo from Little Women.
6) When this song was popular in March 1965, Sarah Jessica Parker of Sex and the City fame was born. Do you share your birthday with anyone famous? I need a moment ... so Carrie Bradshaw is 50? That calls for a toast! OK, now to answer the question: Jamie Lee Curtis and I were born on the same day in the same year.
7) Also in 1965, when this song was a hit, Americans were riveted by the Gemini space program and children all over the country wanted to be astronauts. Think back to your childhood: When you were in first or second grade, what did you want to be when you grew up? A horse trainer. I have always loved animals and at that point, I ached to live on a ranch. I read a book about a girl who moved to Boulder to learn how to care for horses and she got to ride "under cobalt skies." I had to look up "cobalt." Then I got the Crayola 64 box and there was a cobalt crayon! I took it as a sign that this is what I was meant to do. (I can remember all that, but I can't remember the name of book!)
8) Fifty years ago, the most popular headache reliever was aspirin, and you could buy a bottle of 200 tablets for just $1. Do you have any aspirin in your medicine chest right now? Nope. Excedrin for garden-variety headaches and prescription-strength Naproxen for migraines.
9) Random question: You've just entered a public restroom. Would you rather find a paper towel dispenser or hot air hand dryer? Paper towels. Those hot air dryers don't ever seem to get my hands dry. My nephew, who did a paper on the hand dryer vs. paper towel question when he was in junior high, maintains the dryers aren't all that hygenic, either. The filters must be changed regularly, not only to enhance performance but to help control bacteria. And one of the reasons why these dryers don't dry so well is that they have clogged filters. Which means ... ew!