These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
The 20Q Meme
1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you? Words
2. What's your favorite kind of cake? Carrot
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them? Usually store bought
4. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask? "How do you rise above all the hateful, partisan, bullshit criticism you get?"
5. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email? Pop ups
6. What was the best party you've ever been to? My friend John's 40th was pretty cool
7. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet? Too quiet. It's harder to lose yourself.
8. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second? Well, Monty Hall, I'll go for the second envelope.
9. Do you wish cellphone etiquette was a required class upon purchasing one? No.
10. What's the most messed up food combination that you've had that was actually good? Now I didn't think this was messed up, but my mom always cringed when I ordered it: butternut squash ravioli
11. What's one of your most random pet peeves (something that annoys you)? When the toilet paper is hung wrong.
12. When is the last time you had home cooking? Last week when I made myself a hot dog with a side order of corn.
13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would you choose? Jo from Little Women
14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose? Friends
15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, what would it be? I'd love to hang around as a cat with my cats for a day. I think it would make me a better cat mom.
16. What's your favorite girl's name? Michelle
17. What's your favorite boy's name? Michael
18. What's your supermarket of choice? Trader Joe's
19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as? Minnie Mouse. Because I think I still the costume in the closet somewhere.
20. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies? I like Sno-Caps
Posted by The Gal Herself at 3/30/2014 10:24:00 AM 5 comments:
Labels: meme, Sunday Stealing
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)