Saturday 9: Work Hard, Play Harder (2009)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) We're celebrating the last holiday of summer by going country. Who is your favorite country music artist? Garth Brooks
2) Gretchen Wilson sings that on Tuesdays, she gets up before dawn. This morning, did you awaken on your own, or did you need an alarm clock? Since I am answering these on Friday, I have go with alarm clock. The handyman was here at 9:00 AM, and I had to be ready.
|Not a good look|
4) She sings that she's the first to clock in at work. Have you ever worked a job that required you to punch a time clock? I have to fill out a time sheet. My agency bills the client based on how much time I spend on a project.
5) Gretchen Wilson says she is a big fan of McDonald's and tries to eat there once a day when she's on tour. In terms of sales, America's 3 most popular fast-food lunch destinations are McDonald's, Starbucks and Subway. If you could choose a gift card to one of those three, which would you select? Subway, I suppose. I like McDonald's, but Subway is more convenient, now that I'm working from home.
6) Gretchen has endorsed Redneck Riviera Whiskey. What's your favorite adult beverage? Lately I've been ordering margaritas, so I guess it's tequila.
7) Approx. 10% of Americans are self employed. Have you ever been your own boss? Yes. For 13 months I was between jobs and freelanced to keep the lights on. I enjoyed the freedom but hated the recordkeeping. Quarterly taxes! Ugh!
8) According to Monster.com, 50% of workers have left a job to get away from a boss. Are you one of the 50%? Yes, but I'm not elaborating because I don't want to give her another moment's thought.
9) Farmers feel the impact of extreme weather events. Have you ever had a job that required you to be outdoors most of the time? No.