1. Do you think animals dream? I know they do. I've seen my cats twitch and wiggle and then wake up with a start.
2. Have you ever been to a fortune teller or psychic? Yes.
3. How important is it to have a low stress job? HA! This is not the day to ask me that! (See post below.)
4. Do you always lock your house? Yes. It's a reflex.
5. What do you do if you feel lonely? Pick up the phone and call somebody.
6. Have you ever driven a sports car? No.
7. Have you ever fallen down the stairs? Yes.
8. What do you think about the death penalty? It's an abomination. My friend, John, was on a death penalty-qualified jury that unanimously found a man guilty of double homicide. Having been raised Catholic, this was trying for John, but he felt that serving was his duty as an American.
Imagine how he felt when, in 2003, the man he helped convict was exonerated by DNA and set free. More than 15 years later, thoughts of that man's wrongful conviction and possible execution still make him sick.
If, as a society, we feel that the death penalty is necessary, then let judges mete it out. Juries can decide guilty or innocence, the judge can decide the penalty. Jurors who are just trying to their civic duty should not be saddled with this.
9. What do you think about animal testing? By and large, it's not necessary. This isn't an opinion. I used to work for a health/beauty manufacturer. I can't speak to the pharmaceutical industry, but I know that hair and skincare products can effectively be tested in a petri dish and not on an animals.
10. What are your neighbors like? On my left, the apartment is empty. On the right, they are happily married medical students. Even though she's not a "cat person," she likes my Reynaldo, and he adores her.
|Reynaldo has won my neighbor's heart|
11. Do you turn off the water when you brush your teeth? Yes
12, Are there any foods that you wouldn’t eat as a child that you now like? Spinach.
13. Is it important to always tell the truth? No
14. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Shark. Shark veracruz, to be exact. I don't remember how it tasted. I just recall being very proud of myself for being brave enough to eat shark.
15. Do computers really help us save time? Yes. But they also help us waste more time doing stupid things, too.
16. Do you have any tattoos? Nope
17. Do you pray every day? I talk to God every day, but I don't have set prayers I recite.
18. Are you in favor of cloning? No, but to be honest, I don't think about it much.
19. How do you feel about changing your nationality? How could I even do that? Isn't my ethnicity in my DNA? Or are you asking my citizenship? I can't see changing that. I love America, and want to stay here and fight for it.
20. Would you ever buy a used car? No, because I can't drive.
21. Should you spank a child when they do something wrong? As a rule, no. But there are exceptions. When my niece was a toddler in mid-tantrum, she slugged me. I took her by the wrist and hit her hand. I wanted to show her that no one likes being hit.
22. Has science made a negative impact on society? Well, we have discovered how to shoot people up with drugs and kill them. (See #8.) That's really not a feel good, is it?
23. Have you ever gone on a blind date? Yes.
24. Do you believe there is life after death? More than I believe in anything else.