These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Saturday 9: Sugar Shack
This song was popular 50 years ago today. Hear it here.
1) In this song, our hero orders espresso. What's your standard coffee order? Not a coffee drinker
2) Originally the phrase "sugar shack" meant a small cabin where sap from maple trees was boiled into syrup. So for breakfast today, would you rather pour syrup on pancakes, french toast or waffles? I just had French Toast this morning, so I'll go with that.
3) The name of the group that recorded this song is The Fireballs. "Fireballs" is also the brand name of a red hot jawbreaker. Do you like cinnamon? Love it!
4) In 1963, when this song was a hit, newscaster Walter Cronkite was one of the most trusted and influential men in the country. Do you have a favorite TV newsperson? If something really bad ever happens again, I think I'd like to hear it from Tom Brokaw.
5) The Rambler was named 1963 Car of the Year by Motor Trend, and their most popular model was a 9-passenger station wagon. What's the car of your dreams? One that comes with a driver.
6) The Zip Code was first introduced in 1963. How many different Zip Codes have you had throughout your life? Three
7) What was the first thing you thought about when you woke up this morning? "What was with that dream?"
8) Are you a good pool player? I am the worst
9) Do you actually make a wish when you blow out your birthday candles? Yes.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 11/24/2013 09:08:00 PM 3 comments:
Labels: meme, Saturday 9
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)