10) Make list of everything you'd like to say "yes" to ...
Here are five things that reliably bring me joy.
1) The Beatles! I think about them all the time but especially this time of year. February 1964 is when they arrived on these shores, took the United States by storm and "I Want to Hold Your Hand" hit #1. March saw "She Loves You" ascend to the top spot. April was "Can't Buy Me Love." No other recording artists have ever dominated music the way they did. And they did it because they were upbeat, fresh and really very, very good.
|Look how happy The Lads were landing in NY in Feb. 1964|
2) Baseball. The commissioner promises us a full season this year. 160 games feels like the right number. Last year was just 60 games and that's not enough for me. I'm looking forward to a lot of this.
3) Shopping local. There's a small independent grocery store on the other side of town that will soon be facing competition from a new chain store. They just introduced an app and delivery to help them stay relevant. I spent more shopping this way, but it's the right thing to do. Stores like this one give a community its character. I'm fortunate that I'm in a position to help them, and it makes me happy to do it.
4) Afternoon naps. When we finally go back to the office, I'll miss them. These naps feel luxurious.
5) These two. Reynaldo and Connie make me so happy.