Sunday Stealing: Last The 40 Questions from Bud
1. My uncle once : found and cared for a snapping turtle he named "Dog." His reptilian buddy got to be so big that my uncle could no longer care for him, and Dog was rehomed at The Morton Arboretum. We lost my uncle years ago, but it's possible that Dog is still thriving. I hope so.
2. Never in my life : have I smoked a cigarette, or a joint, or nuthin'.
3. When I was seventeen : it was a very good year
4. High School was : sucked
5. I will never forget : how much high school sucked
6. I once met : a boy called Frank Mills, on September 12th right here in front of the Waverly, but unfortunately, I forgot his address.
7. There’s this girl I know who : is so helpful and so sweet. She went back to her home in India for 10 days and the office just isn't the same without her. She's a joy to work with.
8. Once, at a bar : I ordered a kir royale because I liked the color. I quit drinking them because champagne and wine now give me a headache. :(
9. By noon, I’m usually : hungry
10. Last night : is the night I will remember you by. When I think of things we did, it makes me want to cry.
11. If only I had : a brain I'd unravel any riddle for any individdle, in trouble or in pain.
12. Next time I go to gym/church : will be next week for both.
13. Susan Boyle : is, I'm sure, a very nice woman but not especially relevant to me.
14. What worries me most : being helpless. I prize my independence.
15. When I turn my head left, I see : the sofa.
16. When I turn my head right, I see : a framed print of the Beatles Anthology by Klaus Voorman.
17. You know I’m lying when : you ask me how I'm doing and I say "fine." I'm seldom just "fine." Happy, very happy, sad, worried, miserable, filled with anticipation ... yes. Fine? Not really.
18. What I miss most about the eighties : Ryne Sandberg at second base
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be : Katherine of Padua. Like me, she was hardly ever just "fine."
20. By this time next year : I hope Bud will have a permanent new author for Sunday Stealing.
21. A better name for me would be : Julie. I don't know why, but I like the name Julie.
22. I have a hard time understanding : People who aren't furious that Russia interfered with our election process.
23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll : have a better attitude.
24. You know I like you if : I extend myself for you. (And no, I don't mean like yoga or pilates. No one wants to see that.)
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be : Depends on what the award is.
26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock : I liked the 80s better.
27. Take my advice, never : eat the hot dogs spinning by the counter at the convenience store or the movie theater.
28. My ideal breakfast is : a big, hearty one prepared by someone else.
29. A song I love, but do not own is : "Dance, Dance, Dance" by the Beach Boys.
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest : you visit Wrigley Field. It's the most beautiful venue in professional sports.
31. My favorite Beatle is :
32. Why won’t people : wake up about the Russian hacking? This is exactly what everyone was so worried about with Hillary's server. It happened, and now half the country seems to be view it as a yawn.
33. If you spend the night at my house : I must be bound and gagged and hidden in the closet. I don't like having overnight guests. I hate how my bathroom looks, and until the remodel is finished (target 2018, sigh) I don't want you here.
34. I’d stop my wedding for : for the groom. Who is the lucky bastard?
35. The world could do without : religious intolerance.
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than : hmmmm .... I imagine that at least the belly of a cockroach would be smooth. So I'll go with "chew gum I found under the table in a diner."
37. My favorite blonde is :
38: Paper clips are more useful than : kumquats
39. If I do anything well, it’s : take care of dogs and cats
40. And by the way : Good luck with Stealing, Bev Sykes!
These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Sunday, July 02, 2017
Posted by The Gal Herself at 7/02/2017 08:46:00 AM 5 comments:
Labels: meme, Paul, Sunday Stealing
A summertime reminder
Sliced pineapple, mandarin oranges, tuna, rice, mustard,* green beans and tomato soup. That's what I dropped off today. It cost me less than $8 to buy that food. And somebody who needs help -- a kid, a retiree, a person between jobs who is spending everything on COBRA -- will get it. That's really a pretty cheap way to make myself happy.
To find a food pantry near you, click here.
*People forget to donate catsup and mustard! But hot dogs, burgers and sandwiches are cheap summer eats that can always use some livening up.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 7/02/2017 03:54:00 AM 1 comment:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)