2. Do you play video games? If so, do you have a favorite video game series? No.
3. Any unpopular opinions on anything? Yes. I know some of my more progressive friends are disappointed that I'm not participating in the Women's March on Saturday. It's not that I don't support their policy positions. It's that I refuse to protest Trump until he actually does something as President. Remember how ridiculous RWNJs were over Obama? They declared him a one-term President before he even took the oath of office. I insist on behaving better than the conservatives did eight years ago.
4. Do you have a favorite gem? If yes, has anyone ever bought you jewelry with that gem? I don't have a favorite gem. But I do have a pair of earrings my cousin Rose gave me -- pale blue parallelograms -- that I am terribly fond of, even though they probably have no monetary value.
5. Favorite story genres? I assume this means in books. Mostly I read mysteries and biographies. In movies, I prefer anything that's not fantasy or sci-fi.
6. What was once a secret that you can now share? (The original question was "What kind of fruit do you hate" which is type of question that I think "who cares?" so I just change them.) The only two answers that come to mind are a little too heavy for a Sunday morning. Let's just say I was ashamed and kept things secret that weren't my fault, and I'm not ashamed anymore.
7. Do you like reading? Yes!
8. What time is it for you now, what are you usually doing at this time of the day? 8:30. On weekdays, I'm putting on my makeup and slipping into my work clothes. Right now, on Sunday, I should be in the shower.
9. What character on TV or in film is most similar to you? You can go with looks or personality. Or you can make a quip and go to the next question. Suzanne Vale, Postcards from the Edge. I so relate to the mother-daughter scenes. Like Suzanne and Doris, my mother and I loved each other but we had a terrible time understanding one another.
BTW, with the current orgy of grief over Carrie Fisher's and Debbie Reynold's passing, I want it known that I mentioned Ms. Fisher and her work at least 15 times on this humble blog before she died. Welcome to the bandwagon, y'all! Carrie was here all along, where were you?
11. Have you ever accomplished a New Years Resolution? No. But I'm hopeful about this year's. I want to report less credit card debt on December 31 than I had on January 1.
13. Are you allergic to anything? If yes, what? I'm allergic to bee stings and morphine. ("Bee stings and morphine" are not words often seen in the same sentence.)