THIRTEEN QUOTES FROM MARILYN MONROE
I have been watching Smash, the NBC show about the launch of a Broadway musical about Marilyn. One of the things that fascinates me about it is how it seems Marilyn -- a woman who died 50 years ago -- has never really left us. So this week's TT is a tribute to that beloved doomed icon. Her voice is so familiar to me, I can almost hear her say some of these things.
1) “Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?”
2) “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”
3) “A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.”
4) “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
5) “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”
6) “If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.”
7) “If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.”
8) “Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.”
9) “I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it.”
10) “Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.”
11) “We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.”
12) “It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone.”
13) “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.”
Thanks to Good Reads for the quotes.