1. Name 5 people you admire and why:
a) Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. She was smart, classy and courageous. No one has ever made steel look so feminine.
|#44 on your scorecard, #1 in our hearts|
2. When was the last time you did something adventurous? Saturday I roadtripped through three states to get to my niece's bridal shower in Holland, MI. That is literally the farthest I've travelled this year, and I was surrounded by people I've never met. Fortunately we all behaved like adults and wore masks when we were indoors, only taking them off to eat on the patio. Hopefully two weeks from today I'll still feel as good about the adventure as I do right now.
3. I felt I got older when I went through menopause.
4. What one thing that could happen today would make you extremely happy? These two unfailingly do something that touches my heart, each and every day.
|Connie is looking at the camera, Reynaldo is fast asleep|
6. One decision you made that changed your life completely. Not going on a third date with Bill with the mustache. He was a lovely guy, but I really didn't give him a chance. I was too crazy about someone else. That "someone else" turned out to be a narcissist who took a decade of my life. There's a fine line between working hard on a relationship and martyring yourself, and I crossed it. Oh, Bill! Sometimes I wonder how that third date would have turned out.
8. A gift you would like to get on your next birthday? A safe, effective vaccine against the corona virus.
9. Things you miss about your childhood? My mom, my favorite grandparents, my uncle, Adam West as Batman.
10. The greatest invention? Air conditioning.
11. Your favorite super hero. See #9
12. Your views about veganism. I don't actually care.
13. If you could be anything else in the world, what would you be? I would be downtown, in the City of Chicago as it was before the virus.
14. How did you parents meet? My dad was newly home from the Korean War and just started a new job at a garage. He was working on this lady's car and she said she thought he would like her daughter. He told the lady he was having a party that evening and his daughter should stop by.
15. Your morning routine. It's really not that interesting, now that I work from home and my commute is from the bedroom to the dining room table.