Saturday 9: I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)
|I looooove Cagney in this movie.|
1) This week's song was performed by James Cagney in the famous movie of the same name. Do you plan on going to the movies this holiday weekend? I hope to get Baby Driver in. I've heard only good things about it.
2) Though known for his larger-than-life screen presence, Cagney was only 5'5". How tall are you? Nearly 5'2 (measured horizontally and vertically).
3) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits this holiday weekend? Probably.
4) American history was one of Crazy Sam's best subjects in school. Science was her worst. In which class did you earn your worst grades? Math.
5) The Fourth of July means we're in the middle of summer. Are you careful about applying sunscreen? I haven't been outside that much yet this year. I slathered it on when I went to Wrigley Field last month. There's a sunscreen included in the tinted moisturizer I wear every day.
6) Mosquito bites can be a major summer annoyance. Are you scratching any itches right now? No, thank God! Bug bites really vex me.
9) Atlanta hosts a 10K Peachtree Road Race every 4th of July. Are you a runner? No. I'm afraid it would be too much of a strain on these old joints.