1. Where are you from and where do you live now? "I am Chicago bred and Chicago born. And when I die, it'll be a Chicagoan gone."
2. Favorite childhood story/book/film? Book: The Little Leftover Witch by Florence Laughlin; Movie: Mary Poppins
3. If you could change gender for a day what would you do? Wow. I have always wondered how it would be to get dressed with an upfront package, but I could get the answer to that in just a short time. Do I really have to be a guy for a full 24 hours?
4. Do you feel you family is complete or would you like more/some children? If by "family" you mean "household," then I feel very complete. At 54, I'm not prepared to care for a baby!
5. What do you do/Where do you work and do you enjoy it? I am an advertising writer. And yes, for the most part, I do enjoy it.
6. Which three words do you think sum you up? Loyal Cub fan
7. If you were a fairy what magical powers would you possess? Remember how Mary Poppins could straighten up the kids' playroom simply by snapping her fingers? I'd like to be able to adopt that approach to housework.
8. If you were invisible, where would you go and what would you do? Why? I'd make my way into all those rooms where I wished I was "a fly on the wall." Why? So I could eavesdrop, of course!
9. What song can’t you listen to without crying? "Have I Told You Lately that I Love You"
10. Which book changed your life – or at least made you think a lot? Saving Graces by Elizabeth Edwards
11. Why do you blog? To create a snapshot of how my life looks at a given moment.
12. What is your top ‘me-time’ tip? First, insist on getting your "me-time!"
13. What can’t you live without? This "me-time" you speak of.
14. Which of all your blog posts are you most proud of and why? This one! It's my 4,190th. (No shit.)
15. Have you ever met a famous person? Who and where? I kissed Bruce Springsteen. Yes, it was very exciting. I have told this story soooo many times. If you still need details, here you go.
16. When did you last have a full nights sleep? Uninterrupted? About a week ago. I'm not good at sleeping.
17. What would you think is harder: Going to work or staying at home with children? I am not the one to ask.
18. What are you doing for Easter? Whatever my mom and kid sister decide I'm doing. I stay out of the planning of these events.
19. What is your favorite drink? Classic Coke.
20. Do you play any sports? Not well.
21. What is your most embarrassing moment? Oh, there are so many. I am such a klutz!
22. How clever are you? I'm pretty clever.
23. Name a new favorite TV show? NCIS
24. Any guilty pleasures? Nancy Grace
25. If you could have chosen your own name, what would it be? Julia, so I could be Julie as a younger person and then evolve into Julia as an older one\
26. Who do you most admire in life, and why? My all-time idol is Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis because of her exquisite self-control and indomitable spirit. According to Amazon, there are more than 800 books about her, and yet she remains an enigma. Since I wear my heart on my sleeve and am about as mysterious as a glass of water, I wish I could be more like her.
27. What is your most treasured possession? I am very attached to the snow globe I got from my best friend
28. Tell your favorite funny joke… A grandmother is watching her grandson playing on the beach. A huge wave comes and takes him out to sea. She pleads, "Please, God, save my only grandson. I will live a blameless life if only you return him to me. I beg of you, bring him back." And a big wave washes the boy back onto the beach, good as new. She looks up to Heaven and says, "He had a hat."
29. What is your biggest fear in life? Being dependent and unable to care for myself
30. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? What does it remind you of? Mint chocolate chip. Um ... it doesn't really remind me of anything. Sorry.