These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Tuesday, July 07, 2015
Here we go again
Why? I mean, neither she nor I has changed much since I wrote this post back in June 2014.
Because the people who attack her are so freaking unfair! And sexist. And mean spirited. Here are just some of the things floating round out there:
• Her marriage is a sham (either because she's a lesbian or because she's frigid)
• She "allowed" our embassy in Benghazi to come under attack because she was with her mistress, Huma Abedin (lesbian again)
• She has suffered several "minor" strokes and her deleted emails were all from doctors, advising her on how to conceal her weakened condition from the public
• She only wants to be President so that she can make Sen. Kristen Gillibrand either Vice President or maybe a federal judge, thereby enabling her to make Chelsea a Senator and guaranteeing a third Clinton will eventually be President
• She is paranoid and keeps an "enemies list," a la Richard Nixon's
• She had an ongoing affair with White House Counsel Vince Foster, and his inability to protect the then-First Lady from legal problems drove him to suicide
• She had a brief affair with Vince Foster years earlier, when they were both partners at the Rose Law Firm, and she had him murdered to keep him silent
• She encouraged her brothers to "sell" pardons as her husband was leaving office
I could go on, but I don't have the stomach.
There are a lot of reasons not to support HRC but not a one is bullet pointed above.
People who are so cynical as to spread this toxicity, and those blindly hateful enough to believe it, do not enhance our political discourse and may just persuade me to cut a check to Hillary for America.
PS Plus I'd love to see Bill rock the role of First Lady.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 7/07/2015 05:50:00 PM No comments:
Labels: Current affairs, Politics
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)