16. Talk Shows. Do you watch daytime talk TV? If so, do you prefer the calm shows like Oprah or the wilder side like Jerry Springer? Let's see: there's Live with Kelly and Michael, and Queen Latifah, and Rachel Ray, and Ellen, and The View and Bill Cunningham and Maury and The Talk and Springer and Steve Wilkos and Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz .... and I don't watch any of them. When I'm home from work I watch the court shows, like Judge Judy and People's Court.
17. Which daytime talk TV show would you like to be on? What would the topic be? I love Judge Judy. And I'd let her talk about whatever she wants because she intimidates me.
18. Before talk TV took over game shows ruled the airways during the day, which do you prefer? Or are you a soap opera fan? Jeopardy is still on. I like Jeopardy.
19. Is there a game show (past or present) you think you would do really well on, as a contestant? Wheel of Fortune, because you have to be a moron to not do well.
20. Who is your favorite game show host? Who is your least favorite? I never liked Gene Rayburn of The Match Game. I don't know why. He just gave me the willies.
21. Marathons. Have you watched any TV marathons? In part? In whole? Is there a show you’d like to see run an all day marathon? On the flipside is there a show you’d avoid in marathon? I'm watching a Will & Grace marathon as I write this. I always hated Seinfeld, so naturally I wouldn't enjoy that.
22. Out of curiosity, what’s the longest you’ve ever watched TV in one stretch? God, I don't know. When I was recuperating from surgery in the hospital, I kept it on all the time. It helped me orient myself when I'd drift in and out of consciousness.
23. On the whole do you feel most Special Reports are really that special? Or are they simply annoying? What special report has effected you most? (IE: (9/11, Reagan being shot…etc) 9/11. Though it wasn't a special report. I watched The Today Show as Matt Lauer and Katie Couric reported it live. BTW, if learning about a tornado, assassination or foreign attack on our soil doesn't seem "that special" to you, I think there's something really wrong with you.
24. What is the (pick one: stupidest, saddest, silliest, most disgusting..) thing you’ve ever seen on TV? I think Welcome Back, Kotter might have been the stupidest thing I ever saw.
25. What’s your fondest memory of something on TV?
|The Lads, Ed Sullivan, 2/1964|
26. What’s the first show you remember watching regularly? I used to watch As the World Turns with my mom.
27. What shows would make up a perfect night of TV viewing for you? I'd love a network that alternated between Law & Order and NCIS.
28. You get to create one show to put on the schedule, with any stars you choose. Who and what would it be? I'd like to see a show like SATC, but with older women who live more realistic lives. Like me and my girlfriends.
29. Canceling or Not. What show(s) would you cancel without a moment’s hesitation? Is there a show (previously canceled or just no longer airing) that you’d bring back, original cast and all? I'd cancel The Kardashians and bring back Men of a Certain Age. It starred Ray Romano and was only on two seasons because I was the only one watching it.
30. What’s the best series finale you remember? MASH