SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
(From the archives)
1. As you can see, when Sam Winters was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be? Another pair of Mukluks like the ones I bought last year. EXACTLY like them. Unfortunately, they have been discontinued and no one has them in blue in my size anymore. This may be a job for Santa's elves.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? I am on the Nice list, because I try.
3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train? Alas, I had to cancel my annual trip to Key West this year. But being here in Chicagoland has its advantages. I have a white Christmas and I'll be worshiping with my own congregation this year.
4. Did you send any presents out of town? If so, what was it and how far did it travel? I sent my oldest friend a mug that has "angry" Midwestern phrases on it. She's been fighting with her landlady lately, and I told her she can casually wave this at the woman during their next encounter. According to Google Maps, it traveled 1,934 miles to Southern California.
5. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? Yes. I got myself a new toilet seat! It was only $24 (including shipping) so when it arrived chipped, I just got out the super glue and made due. Yes, my Christmas toilet seat came chipped. Kinda fitting for this not-very-storybook-Christmas.
6. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year? Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol is my fave. It's on Peacock, so I'll stream it today or tomorrow.
7. Which do you prefer: a hollow chocolate Santa or a chunk of fudge? I wouldn't refuse either, but the hollow Santa would be my preference.
8. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind. "The Lord's Bright Blessing." It's from Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. And so I wish each of you a Christmas far more glorious than grand.
9. What's your favorite winter beverage? This year, it's pumpkin spice tea.