Stolen from the New York Times
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? If it could be a one-on-one, just us girls, I choose Queen Elizabeth. In 95 years, she has met everyone from Churchill to Gandhi to JFK to Joe Biden. She's knighted Sir Paul! The girl's got stories. She likely wouldn't spill them, but this is a fantasy, so what the hell.
I'd like to hear about Margo and Di
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way? No. I'd looooove to be rich, but not famous.
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? Not calls, but I have been known to erase and rerecord a voice mail.
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? Sleeping in. No appointments, nothing I have to do. Taking a walk in the sunshine.
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? I sing with my shower radio every morning.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? Mind.
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die? Yes, but since it's secret, I'm not sharing.
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. I'm a barren spinster.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? I'm reasonably healthy.
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I love my parents, and realize they did they best they could being who they were, but let's just say big mistakes were made. My abuse was minimized to keep the peace within the family, and that decision has affected my entire life in ways big and small.
11. Describe your life in one paragraph. She tried.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? I'd love to effortlessly be more hip/cool. There's so much going on in pop culture I know nothing about and I should know this stuff for my job. But I don't care enough to learn about it. If I could just zap! have it in my head, I'd be delighted.
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? Exactly how much it is going to cost to get this tooth finally fixed.
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? Many things. Haven't done them because I am inherently lazy.
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? I've built a successful career without benefit of higher education, and I've maintained my integrity throughout.