1. The strangest place you've ever been. I never considered it "strange," but I remember seeing raised eyebrows when I went to Hot Springs, AR, year after year. It boasts nice, affordable -- if not luxurious -- spas, good food and some wonderful natural wonders. For example, I love this waterfall. The water flowing over the rocks is just naturally 143º, which accounts for the steam. It's completely enchanting.
2. Unusual food combinations you enjoy. I prefer ketchup on my fish to tartar sauce. Don't judge me.
3. Your best cure for hiccups. Waiting them out.
4. Something you have never done but would like to try. A horse-drawn sleigh ride through the snow.
5. A routine you do every day without fail. I cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize my face each morning. (I wish I was as dedicated to skincare at night.)
6. Something new you've recently learned. I'm reading a book about Princess Diana, a memoir by her personal secretary. I didn't realize how much behind-the-scenes diplomatic work the Royal Family does for the UK. They are very effective trade ambassadors, and their overseas trips (like Megan and Harry's recent jaunt to Australia) do benefit their subjects.
7. Your keenest sense. Righteous indignation.
8. Whether you prefer cooking or cleaning up. I don't mind doing dishes.
9. Where were you the last time you saw the sun rise. At the airbnb suite I stayed in while my bathroom was being remodeled. It was right here in my hometown, but the windows face east whereas mine here at home face west. It was something of a revelation to see the sun go up over the treetops.
10. A recent time you were embarrassed. In June, I literally walked into a glass wall. I'd been taking painkillers for my kidney stone, but thought I was OK. I kinda wasn't. I should have worked from home. My cheeks still burn when I think of it.
11. An everyday sound that delights you. Cat purr.
12. The last conversation you had with a stranger. I enjoyed chatting with my Uber driver yesterday.