Saturday 9: Lady of Spain (1952)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
4) From 1953 to 1957, Eddie hosted Coke Time, a TV variety show sponsored by Coca Cola. What's your soft drink of choice? I'm with Eddie. Here's an ad from my childhood. I still think of this slogan sometimes when I'm in the beverage aisle.
6) Today Eddie Fisher may be best known as the father of Carrie Fisher. She made more than 50 movies and wrote 8 books. Are you more familiar with her as an actress or author? Author. I know she was in some of the Star Wars movies, and I remember her from When Harry Met Sally, but I've read more of her books.
7) In 1952, when this song was popular, hamburger meat sold for just 53¢/lb. Is there any beef in your refrigerator right now? No. I've got salmon fillets and pork chops in the freezer, but not beef.
8) Also in 1952, Mr. Potato Head became the first toy to be advertised on TV. What recent TV commercial comes to mind? Joe Namath wants me to get the Medicare benefits I deserve!
9) Random question: If you could live within any TV show ever, which would you choose? The early seasons of NCIS. Not to solve the crimes. They're kinda gruesome and I wouldn't want to be around that. But to hang around with the gang, to see Kate roll her eyes at Tony, to hear Tony christen McGee with a new nickname, to hear one of Ducky's stories, to sail along on Abby's enthusiasm, to gaze into Gibbs' blue eyes ... that would be fun!