Thirteen common phobias. According to the National Institute of Health, more than 1 in 10 of us will suffer at some point because of a phobia. Here are the ones we most often deal with.
1. Astraphobia. Fear of thunder and lightening.
2. Hydrophobia. Fear of water.
3. Dendrophobia. Fear of trees.
4. Batrachophobia. Fear of amphibians.
5. Cynophobia. Fear of dogs.
6. Elurophobia. Fear of cats.
7. Equinophobia. Fear of horses.
Fear of needles and injections.
9. Dentophobia. Fear of dentists.
10. Hemophobia. Fear of blood.
11. Claustrophobia. Fear of confined spaces.
12. Aerophobia. Fear of flying.
13. Glossophobia. Fear of public speaking.
Aerophobia is mine. I have never boarded a plane and not been worried I was going to die. (Yet, obviously, I haven't!) What about you? Do you suffer from a phobia?
Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.