Wednesday, August 24, 2022

THURSDAY THIRTEEN #272

Thirteen common phobias. According to the National Institute of Health, more than 1 in 10 of us will suffer at some point because of a phobia. Here are the ones we most often deal with.

NATURE

1. Astraphobia. Fear of thunder and lightening.

2. Hydrophobia. Fear of water.

3. Dendrophobia. Fear of trees.

ANIMALS

4. Batrachophobia. Fear of amphibians.

5. Cynophobia. Fear of dogs.

6. Elurophobia. Fear of cats.

7. Equinophobia. Fear of horses.

MEDICAL

8. Trypanophobia. Fear of needles and injections.

9. Dentophobia. Fear of dentists.

10. Hemophobia. Fear of blood.

 SITUATIONS

11. Claustrophobia. Fear of confined spaces.

12. Aerophobia. Fear of flying.

13. Glossophobia. Fear of public speaking.

Aerophobia is mine. I have never boarded a plane and not been worried I was going to die. (Yet, obviously, I haven't!) What about you? Do you suffer from a phobia?

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.






2 comments:

  1. I think I'm closing in on agoraphobia, because I would just as soon stay home anymore. If I could get bread and eggs delivered (too rural for that), I'm not sure I would ever get in the car again. And I'm also not fond of snakes (Ophidiophobia).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that aerophobia is mine as well. I have much less anxiety about flying that I used to have, but I still don't enjoy it. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.