I remember Bankerchick. She was a good blogging buddy, but she hung it up.
1. Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month. I don't have a lawn.
2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller What does this quote mean to you? That life gives us unintended consequences to contend with.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God? Love. He knows how hard I try.
4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous? I talk faster and my leg jiggles.
5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? I like it to look at, but I look hideous in it. My kitchen is yellow.
6. Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black-eyed Susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite? Roses. Though you left out my favorite: yellow carnations!
7. Flip flops or bare feet? Bare feet
8. Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a
fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty
of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently
applies to some area of your life? Workwise, this week I had bigger fish to fry.
9. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try? I went fishing exactly once, when I was very young. (Kindergarten, maybe?) I caught a small fish and felt bad that it died on the bottom of the boat.
10. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer? Most recently it was my library card in my wallet.
11. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
12. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer. Daylight. I like the color of the sky.
13. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear? I have a sweatshirt that's 20 years old. I don't throw things away unless I'm forced to.
14. What's been the best and worst part of your summer so far? The best part? Cubs baseball! The worst part? You selfish conspiracy theory fuckers who refuse to wear masks and are prolonging this pandemic for the rest of us. WWG1WGA, indeed! Doesn't it get hot under that hat?
15. Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?