Wednesday, January 09, 2013
THIRTEEN POPULAR COLD REMEDIES
Like everyone else in my office, I have a cold. And I'm completely preoccupied by it. So here are the thirteen most popular items in the "Cold, Allergy, Sinus & Flu" aisle of the online shopping service, Peapod.
1) Conventional cough drops (Halls, Ricola, Luden's)
2) Vicks Vapo-Rub
3) Vicks NyQuil
4) CareOne Saline Nasal Spray
5) Zyrtec 24-Hour Allergy Relief
6) Coricidin Cold & Flu Tablets
7) Coldeeze homeopathic cough drops
8) Vicks DayQuil
9) Mucinex Expectorant
10) Afrin Nasal Spray
11) Allegra 24-Hour Allergy Relief
12) Robitussin Cold and Cough Syrup
13) Breathe Right Nasal Strips
I took Zycam at the beginning of my cold and, while it certainly did a number on my gut, I believe it has lessened the severity of the cold. And now I'm taking #8, Vicks DayQuil.
What about you? What do you take when you have a cold?