These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
First of all, my cat Joey decided he had to help me as I was doing this. Since 2001, when we first moved to this condo, he has eschewed the bathroom. And yet tonight, he had to be with me every moment. Rubbing up against me, giving me loving head bumps. This made a disgusting process even messier.
Secondly, I truly thought I was better this morning and that this wouldn't be necessary. I have been caroming between diarrhea and constipation and this morning the latter was in evidence. So I had my normal weekend breakfast and a regular dinner ... and than at about 8:00 my gut exploded. Damn. Damn. Damn.
Oh well, hopefully by tomorrow noon I'll have collected enough evidence for my doctor to reach a conclusion about what's going on with me. And hopefully it's something she can treat with just antibiotics.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 1/17/2016 10:52:00 PM 1 comment:
Why Do You Want To Know That Meme, part four
76. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? Re: office politics. "Don't listen to what they say. Watch what they do."
77. Is it easier to forgive or forget? Forgive
78. First mobile phone? I don't remember much about it, except it had an antenna. It got very bad reception if I didn't extend the antenna.
79. Strangest dream? It's the dream I had way back in 2007. It involves an old lover, a steakhouse, and Frank Sinatra.
81. Who is the smartest person you know? Different people are smart in different areas. Recently, when I was wrestling with a professional issue, I was impressed by my friend Kathleen.
82. Who is the prettiest person on you know? I have a former coworker who is completely darling. Not only is she very pretty, she is kind and very, very successful -- both professionally and personally. I love how she accomplishes everything she sets out to do, because she's so pretty, inside and out.
83. Do you miss anyone right now? Yes
84. Who do you love? Why? Right now, my friend John is #1 on my hit parade. Because he was so thoughtful this weekend, enduring (and perhaps even enjoying) the Cubs Convention, just for me.
85. Do you like sharing? Depends on what I'm asked to share.
86. What was the last picture you took with your phone? My cat, Joey. I had been so apprehensive about leaving him alone when I went out of town over Christmas. When I got home, I sent a photo of him being all happy and healthy to the friends who had patiently listened to me worry.
87. Is there a reason behind everything that happens? No
88. Favorite genre of music? Pop
89. If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be? Autonomous
90. Describe your life in 5 words. Messy, quiet, nowhere near done
91. Craziest thing you’ve ever done? I had a vacation fling with a guy I met in San Francisco. I just met him and knew I'd never see him again. And yet ... sigh. It was fun and exciting and very not like me.
92. First three songs in your favorite playlist? "Just a Little Lovin'," "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" and "I'd Rather Leave when I'm in Love." All Dusty Springfield.
93. Are you more creative or logical? Creative
94. Would you rather lie or hurt someone with the truth? Before I can answer, I need more information.
95. What are you most proud of? My aforementioned cat, Joey, is 20 years old. He's had health problems over the last year, but he's still here. Still affectionate, still rather lively. Someone else threw him away 17 years ago and I took him in and have given him a good life. He is not my first rescue. I am proud of the care I've given little furry souls that others people treated as disposable.
96. What personality trait do you admire in other people? Authenticity
97. When you imagine yourself as really, really relaxed and happy, what are you doing? Watching the Cubs
98. How do you usually start a conversation? Depends, of course, on the situation. But I've had a lot of success with, "What's the first record you bought and the last concert you attended?"
|Shame on anyone who applauds this|
Posted by The Gal Herself at 1/17/2016 01:44:00 AM 7 comments:
Labels: music, Sigh, Sunday Stealing
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)