Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Huey begins the song by telling us some workdays feel like they will never end. How was last week for you? Did it drag or did it fly by? I was rather busy last week and over the weekend so I appreciated the nice, even, predictable pace of this week.
2) He sings that his car payment is due. Think about your personal finances. Do you pay most of your bills manually or do you more often take advantage of automated bill pay? My only automated bills are the ones that businesses/organizations insist be automated, like my health insurance premiums. The rest I prefer to pay manually. I'm kind of a control freak.
3) Huey Lewis achieved a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take SATs and/or ACTs? Were your results anything to brag about? (If they were, go ahead and let us know!) I clearly remember taking one of them -- I believe it was the ACTs but I wouldn't swear to it in a court of law. It was a Saturday morning in the biology lab, which had the most godawful orange plastic chairs. I got bored during the math section because I understood less than nothing about the questions and chose my answers by doing a design with the dots. Since I was planning to go to community college, which had to take me because I lived in district, I didn't take any of it seriously.
4) In his role as District Attorney for Essex County, MA, Huey's grandfather Hugh Cregg prosecuted high-profile murder cases. Do you enjoy watching or reading courtroom dramas? Very much. Especially the original Law & Order.
|Season 6: My favorite cast|
5) Huey no longer performs because he has an inner-ear disorder that prevents him from holding a vocal pitch. Of your five senses -- hearing, sight, smell, touch and taste -- which is the strongest? Well, I wear glasses and I always have closed captioning on when I watch movies, so we can eliminate hearing and sight. I'll go with smell. When I had covid, not being able to smell really creeped me out.
6) He is a fan of fly fishing. Did you do any fishing this summer? Nope. Which would make this summer like every other summer of recent memory.
Since this Monday is Labor Day, the holiday established to celebrate the American worker …
7) Approx. 10% of Americans are self employed. Have you ever been your own boss? Yes. I was a freelance writer in 2003-04. I took my last job in 2004 for the insurance and 401(k).
8) According to Monster.com, 50% of workers have left a job to get away from a boss. Are you one of the 50%? Oh, yes. I've had bad bosses, but one genuine psycho. She told me that she believed in reincarnation and we clashed now because we were enemies in a past life. I guess I tried to run her over with my chariot or something. We'd better work this out now, she warned, or we'd be fighting one another for eternity. I could not get away from her fast enough after that.
9) Farmers feel the impact of extreme weather events. Have you ever had a job that required you to be outdoors most of the time? Nope.
BTW, this is my first Labor Day as a retiree. I admit it feels funny. Not unpleasant, of course, but weird.