1. When did you last feel down and out? On the 1st. I get paid 2x/month, and that paycheck on the 1st just doesn't go far enough.
2. What do you do to feel sexy? I haven't felt sexy since this quarantine began. It's just not on my mind.
3. If you could be somewhere else, where would you be and why? The Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field. This is the first season I haven't been to a Cub game since sometime in the 1980s.
4. What have you always wanted to do? Cross country ski. I think I would enjoy it because I like snow and bright, still, cold days.
5. What do you appreciate the most about your life at this time? That I'm not sick. Really. We've lost more than 199,900 Americans to the corona virus this year. I feel lucky it hasn't come closer to me.
6. If you could be someone else, who would you be and why? Jennifer Aniston. Because she's talented and pretty and she seems very nice. And rich. Rich would be good. I think of her when I'm doing something really inconvenient or unpleasant, like standing in the mud while waiting in the rain for the bus. I think, "This wouldn't happen to Jennifer Aniston." Last time I mentioned that I wonder what similar vexations she does suffer, someone responded that Brad Pitt left her. (Really? I hadn't heard!) I don't consider losing one's husband equal to being caught in the rain and I still wonder what little things can go wrong in life when you're talented and pretty and nice and really rich.
7. Have you ever made a fool of yourself? If yes, spill. In March, at the beginning of covid work from home, I was invited to my first remote webex meeting. Distracted, I dialed from my home phone as if it was my office desk phone -- meaning I hit 9 for an outside line, then 1 and then 1 for the meeting code. Which means I had accidentally called 911 and summoned the police. I am such an idiot.