Saturday, October 13, 2012
Sunday Stealing: The Who Are You Meme
1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Space hogs. The guy who takes up a seat on the train for his backpacks. The woman who thinks it's more important for her water bottle and iPod to be on the locker room bench than my ass. You get the idea.
2. Where and when were you born? Elgin, IL. I was born at the stroke of midnight, which, the hospital told my mother, is not legally acceptable for a birth certificate. She had to choose between 11:59 on the 21st and 12:01 on the 22nd. She chose the 22nd.
3. Where did your parents meet? A rather rowdy party at my grandparents' house, when my grandparents were out of town.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like in four words? Older Sister: Drama Queen. Younger Sister: Rather Spoiled.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Still in Chicagoland. And I live alone.
6. What is your occupation? Advertising writer.
7. Write a full description of yourself. 5'2. Green eyes. Short brown hair. Entirely too round.
8. To which social class do you belong? Middle class.
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? I'm allergic to bee sting and I take meds for high cholesterol.
10. Are you right- or left-handed? Hopelessly right handed
11. What does your voice sound like? Kinda high pitched
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? "The thing of it is ..."
13. What do you have in your pockets? A tissue and a tube of chapstick
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I don't think I'm strange or annoying. Which is not to say others don't. (You should talk to my sisters!)
10 days ago I sent her a letter explaining why the first of her get-rich-off-Mom schemes (that we sell our mother's house and make a ton of money) won't work and asking her to sign a letter to the company that holds the reverse mortgage to our mother's house. She returned it in the self-addressed, stamped envelope I enclosed, but she didn't include a check or even a note.
She's not going to pay another cent on our mother's funeral. She's going to stick me with all of it. I keep hoping I'm wrong about her, but she keeps showing me I'm not.
Oh well, at least she's not getting in the way of me and the lawyer I have chosen. Even though she doesn't approve of him.
My kid sister, on the other hand, is incommunicado. This week she was supposed to hire someone to run an estate sale at my mother's house. I have not heard a word from her. I realize this is difficult for her -- it's difficult for me, too.
I wish I had a ME I could dump responsibility onto!
He has food in his dish. He just wants to taste his evening dollop of canned food.
If I give in to him, I am reinforcing this behavior. If I don't give in to him, he makes a mess of my home.
He is 8 years old. This is not "kitten behavior."
The other two cats either ignore him or at look at him as though he's disturbing them.
WWJGD? (What would Jackson Galaxy do?)