ONE OF TV'S
MOST POPULAR ACTORS
When I was off on disability leave, I watched a lot of TV. And, consequently, saw a lot of Allan Melvin (1923-2008). He was:
1) Sam, Alice's butcher-beau on The Brady Bunch.
2) Sol (or Sam), Rob's Army buddy on The Dick Van Dyke Show.
A real menace to Mayberry, terrorizing characters on The Andy Griffith Show as ...
3) Payroll robber Clarence "Doc" Malloy
4) Conman Jake, part of a scam used-car ring
5) The escaped convict who ruins Andy's fishing trip
6) Gomer's Pyle's service buddy Charlie on spin-off Gomer Pyle, USMC
7) Mr. Wheeler of Hooterville on Green Acres
8) A nosy neighbor on My Favorite Martian
9) Archie Bunker's friend Barney on All in the Family
10) The voice of Magilla Gorilla
11) The voice of Drooper on The Banana Splits
12) The voice of Yogi Bear
13) The voice of of both stone-agers and jetsetters on The Flintstones and The Jetsons
or to play along yourself, click here