1. Have you ever had a vacation ruined by the weather or did you just work around it? The first time I visited Key West, it rained every day. Every day. My hosts, Reg and Henry, were mortified, as though somehow it was their fault! But I recall having a good time, despite the "liquid sunshine."
2. What small changes do you feel people could make to give the planet a fighting chance against global warming? Vote. Be sure to support candidates -- from President to your local councilman -- who embrace science and take global warming seriously.
3. Are you adversely affect by the weather, such as SAD? Not by SAD. But when it's oppressively hot like this, I get grumpy.
4. How is the weather where you are and have you seen drastic changes in it during your life time? Here in Chicagoland, it isn't just that our summers are hotter and winters are colder. It's more subtle and insidious than that. Average daytime temperatures in summer have only gone up slightly, but at night, the mercury doesn't drop the way it did prior to 1980. We don't get relief overnight the way we used to. It means we're using our air conditioners around the clock, instead of just sleeping with the windows open as we did when I was girl.
5. Do you think we can stop global warming or is it too late? See answer #2.
6. What could you do for an hour or so today that you would really enjoy doing? Plowing through the backlog on my DVR! I have so many movies I've yet to get to.
7. What could you do for an hour today that might improve your life in the future? Housework.
8. What could you do for an hour today that could strengthen or improve a skill you would like to be able to rely on? I'd like to go back to learning Spanish.
9. What could you do for an hour today that would make your living space more pleasant to live in? Divest myself of stuff. I have so much stuff.
10. What could you do for an hour today that would improve your relationships with loved ones? I owe emails and letters to people. I should get on that.
11. Do you like, dislike, or pay no attention to the wind? For the most part, I pay no attention. It's only on rainy days that it vexes me because it's hell on umbrellas.
12. Do you have allergies or sinus made worse by the wind? Nope.
13. Have you ever been caught in a big wind (not a hurricane or tornado)? All the time.
14. When was the last time you flew a kite? I don't believe I ever have. But that song from Mary Poppins makes me want to.
15.Would you like to have the power of flight? Yes. Ever since I saw her do it. I adore Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins.