24. What shirt are you wearing right now? A Beatles nightshirt.
|emblazoned across my chest as I answer these questions|
25. What’s important about a bed to you? Like type of sheets, size or whatever. I like clean sheets. And I'm in love with my new Wamsutta pillow.
26. Can you sing? Not well. At all.
27. What is something about you that would surprise us? It seems to surprise people that I'm religious. Maybe it's because I consider this an extremely personal topic and don't proselytize Or because I so seriously believe government should be secular. Or because I say "fuck" so often. At any rate, I am a Christian and I do work at being a good one.
28. Have you been a pirate, Renaissance Fair, or other costumed event? If not, would you for the right event or say cause? No, I haven't but yes, I would.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever comes on the radio. Saturday morning I serenaded myself with "That's All" along with Phil Collins. "I should leave but I won't go. It'd be easier I know. I can't feel a thing from my head down to my toes ..."
30. Favorite girl's name? Mary. No one seems to name their kid Mary anymore.
31. Favorite boy's name? Michael. So many nicknames! Mike, Mickey, Mikey, Mick ...
32. What’s in your pocket or purse right now? An Epipen. Don't get me started ...
33. Last thing that made you laugh? The woman in line in front of me at Walgreen's. She was asked if she wanted to use her points to pay for her purchase of sanitary items and she said, "No, I'm hoarding them to pay for my Epipen."
34. Best toy as a child? My plush Lassie dog and I went everywhere together.
35. Worst injury you have ever had? When I was very young, I broke my collarbone. I remember little about it.
36. Where would you love to live? I love Chicago and would never leave. But if I could live
anywhere in this city, I'd choose the Palmolive Building. It's a beautiful art deco building from the 1930s. It's historic -- the light you see is The Lindbergh Beacon, added way back when to help aviators navigate over Lake Michigan, and it was also the headquarters of Playboy back in its heyday. And my view would either be Michigan Avenue or the Oak Street Beach! Now all I need is $14 million for a condo unit.
37. What type of TV do you have? Would you like an upgrade? In the living room I have a 20" flatscreen. And yes, I would like an upgrade. I watched the Cubs/Cards series on a massive big screen TV in our hotel room and it was life altering. I used to say I was against a TV that was bigger than my sofa, but that was before I saw Kris Bryant hit a homer on one.
39. How many dogs do you have? None.
40. Do most folks trust you? Yes. And they shouldn't. I'm very blabby.
41. What book are you reading? Book, Line and Sinker by Jenn McKinlay. It's a rather formulaic little mystery, but I'm enjoying it.
42. What’s your favorite classic TV show? Saturday night I watched a Law and Order marathon and enjoyed it thoroughly.
43. What’s your favorite sports team? Gee, you don't visit this blog often, do you?
44. Favorite month and why? November. My birthday and The World Series.