Saturday 9: Working My Way Back to You (1966)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) We're celebrating the last holiday of summer with The Four Seasons. Which season is your favorite? I enjoy autumn. I like to go out in a sweatshirt but no jacket. I'm happy to see my sweaters again. I like the colors.
Before they settled on The Four Seasons, they called themselves The Four
Lovers, The Romans and The Village Voices. If you were/are in a band,
please share the name. Or just make up a cool name for your pretend
band. Channel D. "Open Channel D, please" is what Napoleon and Ilya used to say when calling UNCLE headquarters.
3) Lead singer Frankie Valli has occasionally fudged the year of his birth. Have you ever lied about your age? Not intentionally. But sometimes I forget how old I am. It amuses that when I was young I knew my age to the moment ("I'm 7 1/2") but now that I'm an adult, I forget.
4) Frankie Valli, Frank Sinatra, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen ... New Jersey has given us many music superstars.
What is your state known for? Unfortunately, Illinois is known for jailing our governors.
In 1965, Frankie was arrested in Columbus, Ohio. But it wasn't his
fault! The bandmate he trusted to pay the group's hotel bill neglected
to do so. Tell us about a time when your trusting nature got you in
trouble. I let a financially strapped coworker use my credit card so she could pay for airfare to Iowa to see her son graduate. I wish I could tell you she repaid my kindness by repaying the debt in a timely manner. But I cannot.
6) Clint Eastwood directed the movie version of the Four Seasons biography, Jersey Boys. What's your favorite Clint Eastwood movie? I think Eastwood is a rather silly actor, but I enjoy the movies he directs. Mystic River with Sean Penn and Tim Robbins was fantastic.
Since Labor Day is the holiday established to celebrate the American worker …
7) According to the U.S. Census, more and more Americans are working from home. Are you one of them? Nope
Of those of us who work outside the home, 75% travel to work alone. 15%
take public transportation and the remaining 10% carpool. How do you
get to your job? I take public transportation. Every day, twice a day.
9) Do you have any big plans for this holiday weekend? Nope. Mostly I want to not think about work and The Big Project. I'm fried and really need to relax and let it go.
These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Friday, September 04, 2015
Posted by The Gal Herself at 9/04/2015 10:29:00 PM 6 comments:
Labels: meme, movies, Saturday 9, Work
September Challenge -- Day 4
First, what I thought this morning when I first read it. I want to get away! I want to wake up in a hotel room. I want to eat a big breakfast someone else made. I want to wander streets where no one knows me. I want to have an adventure. I want to learn something. I'm thinking of going Presidential. Maybe to the Lincoln Library in Springfield. Or the Truman Library in Independence. Whatever's cheapest.
Then, what I thought of when I sat down to answer. I want some peanuts and Crack-er Jack. I don't care if ever get back! So if I'm going to escape, I better wait until after the season is over. I can't be away from this Cub team for a moment.
Want to play along? Click here for the day's question.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 9/04/2015 06:58:00 PM No comments:
Labels: baseball, September Quiz
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)