1. What’s the coolest item you’ve found at a garage sale, flea market, etc? I have picked up a number of sweaters that I really like: the black/white diamond patterned one, the brown v-neck, the green Izod, the purple and gray jersey, the royal blue cardigan with navy polka dots ...
2. Describe how your day went yesterday. See post below.
3. Do you have issues with people entering your personal space? What do you do when your personal space is violated? Oh, yes! I pout and scowl when anyone gets too close.
4. What is the one meal recipe you think you’ve mastered? I throw a salmon filet on my little George Foreman, mix a salad while it's grilling, and then slather it with barbecue sauce.
5. If you could take back something you did to someone, what would it be? I did the same crappy thing to two different men, and I wish I could take it back. Years apart, I acted as though my voicemail was on the fritz to avoid going out with them. They both liked me too much too fast and it scared me. Naturally it was my right to back away. Still, there was a much better, more compassionate way to handle it.
6. Would you describe yourself as spiritual, religious, or something else? I'm more spiritual than religious, but I am glad that I have a church to go to when I feel the need.
7. Did you ever receive detention in school? What sort of kid were you in school – bookworm, smart kid, troublemaker, quiet … etc. Disaffected nerd.
8. When’s the last time you ran a mile? How often do you exercise? I don't know that I've ever run a mile. I try to get to the gym twice a week. I make it once a week.
9. What would you say to your 16-year-old self, and why? Mom is soooo wrong: these are not the best years of your life.
10. What are you avoiding? I'm fighting the urge to go back to bed. The spring ahead shit hurts this morning.
11. Describe a “Hah! I told you so” moment you had recently. Nothing springs to mind.
12. What’s more important, where you live or what you do for a living? Why? It's so easier for me to make a living in advertising here in Chicago than it would in other major cities, so it's hard for me to separate the two.
13. Swear words: Are you pro or con? Why? I don't give shit.
14. Paper or plastic? Do you prefer to pack your own groceries? Canvas. No.
15. Do you have a shoe fetish? How often do you buy new shoes? Do you ever get rid of a pair of shoes? No. I used to love buying shoes, but since my heel spurs 20+ years ago, I'm really limited on what I can wear. And when they wear out, I throw them out.