3. What would you give a 5 star rating? These two! So far they have been focused on healing and action. How will we get vaccines distributed and administered? How will we help businesses recover from the devastating effects of the mismanaged pandemic? How do we restore our reputation among our allies? How can we address domestic terrorism? (The display Trump supporters put on in the Capitol reminds me that, before 9/11, the most deadly terrorist act on these shores was committed by Timothy McVeigh. Angry, entitled white boys who don't get their way scare the shit out of me.) After four years of Trump's petty name-calling, self-absorption and incompetence, it's a delight to hear Joe and Kamala talk about us for a change.
4. Do you have writing goals for 2021? I write for a living, so my goal is to just keep on keeping on for another year.
5. How do you feel about memoirs? Depends on whose they are.
6. If you could join any musical group who would you choose? I wouldn't. I can't carry a note in a bucket.
7. What are your favorite genres across all media? I enjoy all manner of entertainment. I like biographies, romance, comedy, mystery ... I just don't like sci-fi or fantasy. I also don't like epics.
8. What candle scents are your favorite? I don't have candles around here. But I do enjoy cinnamon, apple and lavender air freshener.
9. How well can you mimic other accents or voices? No.
10. What books are on your TBR list in 2021? There are two books I'm thinking of rereading: The Great Gatsby and David Nasaw's biography of Joseph Kennedy.
11. When do you decide it’s time to upgrade/buy something new? When I'm forced to.
12. Why is your favorite color your favorite color? I love Cubbie blue. It's the color of my team.
13. Who understands you the best? My oldest friend.
14. Do you write letters? Yes. My Cousin Rose and I exchange old-school, handwritten letters, and I have a prison penpal through a church program.
15. How do you keep going when times are hard? Faith. Faith in God, faith that it will all get better. January 20 is just 10 days away. We just have to hang on!