1) Like the girl in this song, have you ever been in love with someone, but was afraid to tell them? Yes. I'm glad I didn't tell him. Our timing was simply wrong, and sharing my secret would have complicated everything.
2) Taylor Swift has been known to write songs about her real-life lovers. If you were to write a song about the most recent person you were romantically involved with, what would the title be? "Thanks for the Memories." Oh wait! You mean it's already taken?
3) Ms. Swift recently turned 23 and has already won VMAs and AMAs and Grammys. What were you doing when you were 23? (If you aren't 23 yet, where do you see yourself when you hit it?) I was in love with the wrong man and working too hard to make it work.
4) When you were a child, did you sleep with a plush toy? (If yes, please include its
name in your answer.) My Lassie dog, who, before all our adventures and all my affection, looked much like this one. She's still in my bedroom closet. I could never part with her.
5) I'm making a Starbucks run. What can I get you? Tall hot chocolate, no whipped creme, and if you could add a dash of cinnamon I'd be especially grateful.
6) It was 60 years ago that Clarence Birdseye first marketed frozen vegetables. Now it's your turn: Share something you learned recently. North Korea only allows its citizens a certain selection of haircuts. No, really!
7) In junior high, were you class clown, teacher's pet, a geek, a jock ... or did you just melt into the background? My guess is that I melted.8) Was your most recent ticket for parking illegally or was it a moving violation? I don't drive.
9) Tell us about the last museum you visited. All of Colonial Williamsburg is a museum, and it really appeals to the geek in me. My favorite building to tour is the Peyton Randolph House.