Sunday, December 31, 2017
1. Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season? I had a lovely time at the new The Tennessee Williams Exhibit I discovered in Key West. It's not that it's extensive or detailed. It's not. But it was done by locals with such affection for their late neighbor that it made me happy. Here's my post about it.
2. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month? I like being surrounded by people who love and accept me. And yes, I've enjoyed the holidays that way.
3. Time has named 'The Silence Breakers' (women who came forward with stories of harassment) 'person of the year' for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title? YES! Yesyesyesyesyes, 100x yes. I could not agree more with the recognition for The Silence Breakers. This is how change happens. Bravo to Ronan Farrow for sticking with the Weinstein story and starting the ball rolling.
4. How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate. I wasted a lot of time this year. Agonizing and fretting. Farting around on Farmville. I hope I will be more disciplined in 2018 (though I doubt it).
5. Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less. Thank God, everyone I love is more or less healthy.
6. Insert your own random thought here. The Cubs play the Marlins in Miami on March 29. GO, CUBS, GO!