1. A person I’m glad to have in my life. My shrink. I went back into therapy in February, when I was wrestling with how deeply my friend Henry hurt me. (Henry is recovering from a traumatic brain injury and I know his behavior is going to be erratic. However understanding that intellectually and dealing with emotionally are two different things.) ANYWAY, during this pandemic I've been similarly struggling. I get anxious and I worry that I'm no longer able to keep anything in perspective. She's been a very valuable, objective sounding board for me.
2. Something I find comfort in. The crack of the bat. I really love baseball.
4. My favorite memory. The final out of the 2016 World Series. CUBS WIN!
3. My favorite part of the morning. Feeding the cats. Seeing them healthy, happy and content is a good way to start the day.
5. An accomplishment I’m proud of. I won a Clio. In my industry, it's a big deal.
6. An opportunity I’m grateful for. Every day is an opportunity I'm grateful for.
7. My favorite song (and why). This one always lifts my spirit. BTW, Monday is the 21st of September.
8. A future event I’m excited about. Seeing Joe Biden take the oath of office.
9. My favorite area in my home. My bathroom. I love soaking in the tub.
10. Something beautiful I saw today. Blue skies and green lawns.
11. My guilty pleasure. The most fabulous bad movie EVER. I love every wretched moment.
12. Something I love about a family member. My niece's commitment to her cat, Annabelle. She adopted Annabelle as four years ago. Suddenly the cat has developed some very unsavory behavioral problems. My niece and her fiance have been ferrying this cat to and from the vet for months now and trying everything anyone suggests. The only time she bristles is when it's suggested they just "get rid of Annabelle." The way my niece looks at it, Annabelle is giving her and her future husband a good exercise in how they deal, as a couple, with adversity. I'm very proud of her.
13. A compliment that made me feel good. Al from my classic movie group thinks every one of my insights is brilliant and repeats them on the group's web page.
14. The item I treasure the most. There's a ceramic trolley car that belonged to my favorite grandfather. He kept his cufflinks, tie clasps and licorice throat lozenges in there. When I was a little girl, it fascinated me, and he'd take it off his dresser and let me examine it. After my grandparents died, and their house was being prepared for sale, my mom slipped over there and rescued it for me. I love it because of it reminds me of Grandpa, and because my mother so thoughtfully retrieved it for me.
15. My favorite part about nature. My cats. It's like having a little nature in here with me.
16. A book I loved reading. These are the two that are currently beside by bed. I don't know why, but as The Trump Show spins faster and further out of control, I find terrific comfort in the pages of big picture books, looking at icons doing beautiful, graceful things.
17. A freedom I’m grateful for. My First Amendment right to dissent.
18. My favorite part of the evening. Bedtime.
19. One good thing that happened today. I'm answering this on Saturday, and I had a nice, chatty conversation with my friend Joanna. It was good to reconnect.
20. How I show gratitude for my friends. I make myself available.