1. What subjects lead you down a Wikipedia rabbit hole? Have you been watching me? I often click on a link in an article that takes me somewhere that takes me somewhere else. I'd tell you about the Wikipedia rabbit hole I crawled down this morning, but then you'd know what Sam has in store for you for Saturday 9.
2. How do you like to spend your birthdays? Being fussed over. I don't have anything particular that I like, I just enjoy being remembered.
3. Something you might take a little too seriously? I feel like I take everything too seriously. A gentleman once told me I have no gift for "small talk." I guess it's no coincidence that Katie from The Way We Were is one of my all-time favorite movie heroines.
4. Describe a time you made a good decision for yourself. When I chose to move down the corporate ladder. I do not like being a boss. I think it's because I don't like authority, and I was becoming what I don't like. Anyway, I've been happier making less money as a writer than I was as a creative director. (Though I admit I wish I could have a boss' salary without a boss' responsibility. I'd also like to be 5'10 and wraith thin. Neither is going to happen.)
5. Something you’ve improved/gotten better at. Letting myself cry. Does that sound stupid? One of my lifelong battles is accepting that it's OK to not be OK.
6. What dish would you bring to a summer potluck? Berries and sliced bananas. Everyone likes fruit.
7. What do you miss about Winter? The lack of humidity. It's been freaking oppressive here lately.
9. Words you misspell or misuse the most. I can never remember how to spell "diarrhea" or "occurrence."
10. Things you love to do, that can only happen in summer. Having a rootbeer float at the little ice cream shop that's only open from Memorial Day to (maybe) Halloween.
11. How would you describe your sense of humor? Irreverent
12. Have you ever quit a job or career? Yes. See #4.
13. What are your favorite features of your cell phone? The camera.
14. What scents always make you hungry? I get hungry when I can smell my neighbors grilling hamburgers.
15. What are you working on right now? When I'm done with this, I'm going to put my laundry away.