These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
1. What in the 2011 has proved to you that you are a survivor? I got through the run up to surgery. In retrospect, that was worse than the actual procedure. Finding out what was going on with me, meeting an oncologist, getting the xray/blood tests, working with the insurance company, getting a date scheduled ... It was maddening and made the whole ordeal more stressful.
2. Have you ever stayed online for a very long time waiting for someone? I don't understand the question. I'm logged on almost all day long and I check my email regularly, does that answer this?
3. Are REALLY ready for the holidays? Pert near.
4. Did you have an imaginary friend as a kid? I was convinced my plush Lassie dog was real
5. What niche network do you watch the most? ME-TV
6. Have you ever seen the ocean? Yes. I've spent more time with the Atlantic.
7. Have you ever been hospitalized? Twice. Once in 2003, and again on September 9 of this year.
8. What do you think of the US Republican candidates for president? As a Blue State Girl, I think they're great because they strengthen the President's chances of re-election. As a concerned American, I'm a little disappointed because I wish we could have a serious debate about the issues and very few of these candidates seem to have any real gravitas.
9. Could you imagine life without a computer? Yes. It scares me and I don't like it!