2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to? Everyone, all the time. My oldest friend quotes her shrink to me all the time, "Compare and despair." It's a lesson I still haven't learned.
3. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say? See Q2.
4. What gets you excited about life? All kinds of things! I'm doing good work for my client these days. That makes me happy. And baseball starts this week. GO, CUBS, GO! My vacation is coming up -- I can't wait! And little things, like my cats being all sweet or a lovely blue sky, they excite me, too.
5. What life lesson did you learn the hard way? "He didn't mean it," is a lie tell myself. If someone treats me unkindly on a regular basis, he's an unkind person, he does mean it, and I should flee.
6. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago? Being serious about money.
7. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know? I am a naturally curious person.
8. Who do you love and what are you doing about it? I am not in love with anyone right now.
9. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree? My approach to Christianity seems to be out of vogue in Trump's Evangelical America. Humility, kindness, acceptance ... these things are mocked today. Christians are "tough" now. We think it's perfectly OK for our President to imitate the disabled, pay off porn stars and lie about it, to make fun of POWs, oh, I could go on but it makes me sad.
10. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago? I'm sorry, but I got nothing for this one.
11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? I don't think it's weak or strong. I think it's personal.
12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I'd dress for myself.
13. Do you celebrate the things you do have? That's my goal for 2019. My OneWord is "gratitude."
14. What is the difference between living and existing? Engagement.
15. If not now, then when? Ok, I'll bite. When?
16. Have you done anything lately worth remembering? I'm going to remember that, while it harms no one, arugula really adds nothing to an omelette.
17. What does your joy look like today?
18. Is it possible to lie without saying a word? Yes
19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend? I admit sometimes I'm harder on myself than I am with others. I try to treat people as I wish to be treated. I should treat myself the same way.
20. Which activities make you lose track of time? Watching the news, farting around on the internet.