Without You (1972)
1) Nilsson sings that he can't forget this evening. Did anything happen this evening (or last night, if you're answering during the day) that you expect you'll recall for a long time? As I write this Friday evening, I just brought my Connie Cat home from the vet. She had a tooth pulled this morning. She's still all dopey and dilated. If her recovery from this routine procedure is successful, I'll likely never think of it again. But if it isn't? Oh, sometimes it's not fun being a fur mom.
2) In the 1960s, he worked in a very "un-rock-star" job: computer programmer in a bank. Looking over your career, have you more often worked in or out of an office setting? Always in an office.
5) Before finding success as a singer, Nilsson was a songwriter. He composed "Cuddly Toy," recorded by the Monkees. Do you have a favorite Monkees song? Not only one of my favorite Monkees songs, one of all my all-time favorite records.
8) In 1972, the year "Without You" was a hit, Alice Clark Browne made history as the first African American aerialist to perform with Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Did you ever attend the circus? My parents took us to see the Shrine Circus a couple times. I liked it better in theory than practice. They had three rings and I didn't know what I should be looking at. I liked the horses but hated the clowns and the cotton candy left my hands all sticky.
9) Random question -- Think about last week. Would you prefer this week to be more exciting, or more boring? LESS! This week brought a great deal of stress.