Friday, November 12, 2021

Compassion Challenge -- Day 11

I'm encouraged to participate in this November challenge with my church congregation.

Inspiring Compassion: The 30 Day Compassion Challenge. 30 days to explore the topic of compassion: Mindfulness, Compassion for Friends & Family, Self-Compassion, Compassion for All, Compassion for Our Planet.

I forget that I'm not the only one feeling stress right now. My art director (she who frequently annoys me) and I go through every work day in double harness. While it's true that she doesn't accept the same level of responsibility as I do, she does have to crank out a great deal of work on the same unreasonable timeline as I do.

I often forget how hard she works. That's wrong.

So Thursday, I celebrated it. I told her how happy I was for her when, during a Zoom meeting, her photo selection was praised by our client and I saw the look of pleasure spread across her face. I said I was glad she enjoyed a job well done. Small moments like this cost nothing. I should remember to share like this more often.

MIndfulness. I should put myself in other people's shoes more often.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's always good to show appreciation to others. I love this challenge you are doing! It is giving me a lot of food for thought and action! Thanks and see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes when we're annoyed by someone we forget that they might be struggling the way we are (with stress, etc). I bet you made her day!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.